Monday, November 3, 2008

With Rainy Season Comes Bugs!

Rainy season just hit here about a week or so ago. And then the weirdest thing happened. Bugs! Everywhere! At night there are thousands of these little flying gnats things that are horribly attracted to light! They swarm around our porch lights and they do 'anything' to 'get in' our house as well. Unfortunately our widows & screen's aren't up to U.S. 'code' if you know what I mean. So we normally have quit a bit of sweeping to do in the morning....

This picture above is of our front porch this morning....

A bit of a closer look!

I do what I have to do to give you the best possible cultural experience. I thought the best thing I could do would be to pick up the pile. Gotta admit, it was pretty grouse picking up and holding 'all these' little bugs! And yes, the real 'volume' of bugs couldn't quit all fit in my two big hands....

P.S. I almost forgot to mention that I've heard it's pretty common for Indonesians to sweep up their bugs and fry them up for a little snack! yummy... : - )

Do you have a bug problem? Any other good stories out there?


No comments: