Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back Yard Friends...

Scorpions, Spiders, & Rats "oh my"!
“Culture of the Week” this week is what we found in our back yard ‘just’ this week! The Spider is a BIG spider that lives up in some trees/bushes behind our house. We looked it up on the Internet and think we found it, it can eat birds when it gets big enough....The scorpion is also a fun story. Ruth saw a hole in the ground and said “I think that is a scorpion hole.”. Luckily for me, when I’m in the States I try to watch ‘Survivor Man’ on Discovery channel as much as possible! He says to dig out a hole in front of the hole and then place a cup in the ground so that when it comes out of it’s hole it falls in the cup and can’t get out. Sure, enough Chloe and I did this and in the morning there it was! I just chose not to eat it..... As for the rat, the girls were playing out back (why do we let them play there again?) and they quickly ran inside saying they found a big rat! And big it was! You can see for the scorpion and the spider I used a quarter and for the rat I used a bic pen to show you the size!

1 comment:

labatterie said...

Our latest news is that over the past few weeks our focus has been on wanting to find a new house closer to the NTM International school here.